Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend fun

This weekend was such a hodge podge of a weekend.  Friday night I stayed in - thank you Law & Order, you were successful in sucking me in again.  Seriously, 5 hours passed just like that...ugh.  I did, however try a Lambic.  My twin left it in my fridge last time she was in town.  The bottle was empty at the end of the night, so it is safe to say I enjoyed it.


Saturday I started to clean up the house.  I took the week to just relax, but having been on the road the majority of the last month and a half, this place is a mess.  It's a good thing I don't get many surprise visitors.  I did some shopping in the afternoon with my cousin.  She was looking for a rug.  After a failed trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond, we hit Target!  I picked up these canisters I have been eyeing for a while.  The large one is now home to my K-cups, the middle guy holds tea bags and the smallest is full of different water flavor packs.  Much better then what it used to look like.  After shopping we went to dinner and had less then stellar service.  Good thing the company was great!


More cleaning on Sunday.  I am also starting to get rid of some clothes - hopefully more on that later.  In the evening I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show.  This year's theme was Brilliant (Britain).  The following pictures do not even give a glimmer of justice to the amazing displays that were there.


I have a new found love of succulents.  I hope to put something together with some soon!


This was by far my favorite display.  The table was pure elegance.


Bloom to Blossom....


These little Queen's were all over as a scavenger hunt for kids.  Each Queen had 2 letters with her, after finding them all, you then had to unscramble the letters to form a phrase.


The Flower Show makes you want to plant something.  It's the keeping alive after that I have problems with most of the time.  Though I have done well with tomato and basil plants the last few years.

How green is your thumb?  What will you be planting this spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment