So I haven't been around in a while. Sorry about that. Well kinda sorry. Right after my last post I started my almost 3 week vacation from work. I had a bunch of vacation days I needed to use or I would lose them. But on day 2 I got sick and stayed sick through most of the holidays. But I was able to make the most of it thanks to the cold medicine.
I headed out to Steamboat Springs, CO on Dec. 30 and spent the rest of my vacation on the slopes. It was one of the best ski weeks I have ever had. Over 18" of snow and that was just in one day! New Year's Eve was a bit anti climatic since most of the family went to bed before mid-night. Looking back we should have celebrated on East Coast Time. I will remember that for next time.
I came home on a Monday and left early Tuesday morning (I was literally home for 2.5 hours - no joke!) for a work trip to Ft. Lauderdale. Came home that Friday. That weekend was full a bday parties, a surprise 30th party for a cousin and then a 94th bday party for my Gpop. I put the party for my Gpop together so I was there most of the day.
I just got the Christmas decorations put away today. I need a good few days home with get my life back in order. I have declared this year the year of organization! I have pinned a ton of tips and tricks and now it's time to execute! Both with work, Stella & Dot and my house. Here is a pic just in case you thought I was exaggerating! Pretty bad, right? Thankfully the Christmas is now all gone.
Here are some things on my 2014 To Do List:
- Go through closet and PURGE (I tend to hold on to clothes because I may want to wear again)
- Recycle all the unnecessary paper - mags, old bills, junk mail, etc.
- Clean and reorganize basement - AGAIN
- Clean and reorganize office to accommodate both my FT job and Stella & Dot
- Paint master bedroom
- Paint and renovate master bath
- Organize my finances
- Put myself on a budget plan and stick to it
- "refresh" the rest of the rooms in my house. I need to find and commit to some sort of style and go with it. This may require some sort of assistance.