Monday, June 3, 2013

Grillin Time!

Food posts 2 days in a row...not sure what is going on here.  Haha.  I am most successful at making a mess in the kitchen.  I told myself I was going to cook more and eat out less.  Living alone its tough because cooking for just me means I usually eat the same thing for a few days.  But it doesn't matter.  I am going to get better and start working through some of the recipes on my {food and drink} board.

Tonight I had a cousin over for dinner.  Nothing too fancy.  Just some chicken on the grills, noodles out of a box and some asparagus also done on the grill with my homemade seasoning.  This was a first for me.  Usually I just put some salt and pepper.  I decided to get a little fancy tonight.


I used items from my pantry - garlic salt, Weber Zesty Lemon seasonings, vinegar (1 T) and EVOO (3T).  I combined in a bowl and mixed together with the seasons.(sorry no pics of this step - afterthought)  I did not measure the seasonings, just kinda dumped them in there.  I used a basting brush and covered on both sides.  

Grilled about 3 minutes, flipped over and then 3 more minutes.  



It was delicious if I do say so myself.  I will def be doing this again!





No comments:

Post a Comment