Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkey Time

Well, we survived our first Thanksgiving on our own.  I had a good time.
We had more then enough food, but the table looked fantastic.
That was all Vic, she really surprised me.  It was all set when I got there from the airport.
The star of the show was the gold chevron table runner.  It was purchased at {The Paper Source}
(I'll apologize now that these are not the best pictures)






Also loved our Give Thanks plates and owl place card holders from {Crate and Barrel}


Since it was just the two of us, we decided a butterball turkey breast would be more then enough meat.








Texas sized feast for two!
In addition to "the bird" we had green beans, stuffing, twice backed potatoes, salad
and corn bread muffins.  No pies here, only cupcakes for dessert. 


Like most holiday meals, we spent longer making the meal then we did eating it.  
We did take some time to snap a picture using a photo timer app on my phone.  
After several tries we finally got one we both approved.


After dinner and the clean up a.k.a. loading the dishwasher (another perk of a smaller feast), we headed to the tree lighting ceremony downtown.  
Although we never did see the tree (too many people) we did get to see a great fireworks show. 
 It was neat to see the fireworks in the reflections of the high rise windows.  
That was a first for me.


And because we didn't have anything else to do on Thanksgiving evening, we decided to go SHOPPING!
We had to wait in line to get in, but it wasn't that bad.  
Maybe forty five minutes total and there were still shopping carts left when we got in.  
We were able to get everything we wanted and then some thanks to some crazy DVD specials.  
Really DVDs for $4.00!
This was my first Thanksgiving/Black Friday shopping experience, overall better then I expected.


Pretty great day, if I do say so myself.  I hope you all enjoyed as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment