Friday, April 26, 2013

I Scream

You Scream, we all scream for...


Ice cream is a good friend of mine.  Always there when I need it and always makes me feel better!



Some choose wine at the end of a bad day but most of the time a big bowl of ice cream or a milkshake does it for me.

When I was little my parents would let us have a bowl of ice cream before bed.  When we finished eating we had to go upstairs.  It was then I learned that "souping it up" not only changed the color of the ice cream depending on the sprinkles or jimmies, but gave us some extra time before we had to go to bed.  I am a plain Jane and good old vanilla bean is my favorite flavor.  Some times on its own, with sprinkles or some chocolate syrup.  Yumm...



Speaking of sprinkles and jimmies - there is a very scientific different between the two.  Sprinkles are the sugar crystal like one that top your treat, while jimmies are the long, slender usually more colorful topping.  I prefer jimmies on my soft serve - nothing like a twist cone with rainbow jimmies on the boardwalk in the summer.  And the sprinkles are better on the ice cream from the freezer.



What can I say, ice cream takes me to a happy place.  Thankfully I do have some self control and don't go overboard on my intake of the daily dessert.  

images via {Pinterest}


How do you like your ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment