Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Girls Night In


I am trying to cram a lot of things into the short time the Twin is home.  Since she doesn't get home that often one of the aunts suggested a girls night.  There are lots of girls in the family and most live pretty close.  So I decided to have everyone over on Easter Eve.  Knowing Easter would be crazy and you don't get to talk to everyone.  Plus I love any excuse to have people over.

I am so happy with how everything turned out.  I am a believer that it is all the small details that really make an even special.  Cupcakes are the only thing missing from this picture.  They were getting the final touches.  There is no motivation like procrastination.


This was also the kick off to birthday week.  The streamers looked fun as a little cake, I had planned to hang them but liked that so much I left them that way.  The letters are basket tags from Target.  The large frame is a quote from Audrey Hepburn.  It is one of my favorites.


We carried our pink theme over to the drinks and had Raspberry Sparkletini, a Riesling and some Cupcake Perseco and had Raspberry Lemonade and Banana Orange Strawberry juice as mixers.


Everyone brought a snack/app to share and that worked out wonderfully.  We had buffalo chicken dip, corn and black bean salsa, burchetta, spinach dip, fruit and chicken salad.  There wasn't much left : )


I had mason jars lining my walk outside with tea lights.  Not the best picture but you get the idea.  I live in a condo so when I do this there is no missing where the party is, its the equivalent of balloons on the mailbox.


I ordered most everything from Etsy -  {Garland}{Streamers}


The goodies bags were from {Shop Sweet Lulu}.  The glitter nail files are from Target!  They were in the party section and came six to a pack.  There were also silver ones but they didn't go with my color scheme.  I also put a mini bottle of vodka in each bag it was called Little Black Dress (sorry no picture) and a Crystal Light water mixer.  Not much, but I wanted everyone to leave with something.


It was a nice night to get together without worry about the kiddies running around or preparing dinner, which happens at the holidays.  I think there will be some more of these in the future!

You can see all my inspiration and ideas on the {Pinterest} board I created just for this.  It was secrete up until today so everything was a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment