Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Weekend Fun ~ Holiday Party

I had my first holiday party over the weekend.  I had a lot of fun getting everything ready.  So much fun in fact, I forgot to charge the camera battery.  So, iPhone pictures it is.  It was the only option before everyone got here.  I live in a development and since I was going to keep my front door open, I lit the path to my front door.  This way everyone knew where the party was at!


When it came to the food, I only had red, white and green items.  Yes, I am that girl.  I always think I am going to have either too much or not enough.  Luckily, this mix worked out perfectly.  I probably could have had more shrimp, but then again, you can always have more shrimp!


This little stop in my kitchen may be my favorite little surprise in the house.  My front door is a dark green, so the fresh wreath did not show up there.  On a whim I grabbed some ribbon to help make the kitchen a little festive.  



If you are thinking "those look like the clippings from her Christmas tree" you are absolutely correct!  I wanted something to fill the space on the table, but leave enough room for drinks and plates and such.  I don't think you can ever go wrong with candles.  So candles + tree clippings = perfect FREE centerpiece.  Yup, that was made from all things I already had on hand.  


Sorry, you couldn't make it.  I can't believe Christmas is in less than a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment