Saturday, October 12, 2013

Living Style

I am always changing thing in my house because my decisions never seem to make sense after the fact. I like something for a while and then it just doesn't work anymore.  Not with everything but with a lot of things.  I have a full vision for both my master suite and kitchen and know exactly what I want those rooms, more on that at some point.  But that will take time and money.  So that is on the back burner for now.  My shared living and dining space has been a struggle since I have moved in (3+ yrs ago).  

This is what my living room looks like now via my iPhone. The pillows are from Target and the art is a picture I took down the shore that was put on to canvas.  It was hung there as a surprise for me and I just never moved it.  It's too small for above the couch on its own.  This whole set up isn't terrible but isn't me either.  It's kinda funny since I bought this house I have been figuring out my style and I can see some sort of evolution of style if you can call it that.  I'll go back and find the pics from move in day.  And the pillows before these were country floral.  



And then I came across this image on {Pinterest} today from {the life styled} and a light bulb went off in my brain.  Why am I trying to be someone I'm not in my "house style"  Neutrals rule my wardrobe - black, white, grey, tan and then my accessories - gold and silver.  Why should my house be any different.  



While the sequins may be a little much for me, the overall look makes total sense.  So I will make a short list and look at what I already have to refresh my living room.  Here's hoping this is a look that will stick around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment