Sunday, November 24, 2013

Family


The last few days have been very much about family.  We lost a family member last week and said goodbye to her Thursday and Friday.  It's in these times that you see how strong the bonds of family are - blood or not.  

Last night I went to a benefit for a family friend - 27 years old and just diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer.  The amount of people that showed up to support her and her family not only by being there but by donating items for auctions and raffles and then buying the tickets and such to win them.  It was utterly amazing - over 800 people!

Going into Thanksgiving week, I feel very lucky to have such great people in my life.  Both those I am related to by blood and those that have become my family over the years!


No comments:

Post a Comment