Friday, May 17, 2013

Keeping it Real

I am not sure when I really started following the different blogs I read.  Some have been years and others more recent.  But I feel like I know the girls behind the blogs.  Even though I have never met any of them, the glimpse into their lives, their likes and their work make me feel like we are friends.

And nothing builds a relationship more then when a friend shares a struggle or something very personal.  Everyone is going through something, some worse then others - but to each person their stubble is their own.  It's all they know.

This week {Danielle} and {Erin} both shared some of their struggles.  I can relate to both ladies.  And while my circle of non-blog friends share some of these with me and we can talk about them.  It's nice to know that there are others out there going through the same thing.


Lately my work/life balance has been off.  Traveling 3-4 days a week doesn't make it any easier.  By the time I get home from a trip, I don't really want to do much.  There are the things I need to do - laundry, food shop and see my family.  Outside of that sometimes I don't feel like doing anything.  I do miss having someone to just rent a movie with on the weekends when I didn't feel like doing anything.  It's like at least if someone else is here, I made some sort of effort.  I don't mind being alone but I am along all week while I travel.  There are some nights I have dinner with a co-worker, but most of the time I am on my own.  The travel also makes it complicated to meet people.  And hitting up happy hour with a work crew isn't an option either.  I like my job, I do, but like every job it has it's challenges.

I am headed down the shore tomorrow.  Just for the day and overnight.  But I couldn't be more excited. Everything is better at the beach I feel.  This is the start of going every weekend or as many as I can anyway.  I am looking forward to the summer and hoping it will help with the work/life balance.





No comments:

Post a Comment