Thursday, May 16, 2013

I love my Mom a Brunch

Last year my sister and  I hosted a Mother's Day brunch at my house for our Mom, Grandmom and sister.  It was a big success and the Moms had a great day.  Since the twin couldn't be here this year I cut back on the food a bit.  There was still plenty and it was delicious if I do say so myself.

We had MOM-oasas!


Strawberry shortcake (Mom's fav), tortillini salad, shrimp, fresh fruit and bacon.  Missing from the picture a breakfast casserole that is a family favorite as well.



I had old pics of my dad and his brother with my Grandmom's card.  His brother passed away several years ago.  Seeing these photos made my Gmom smile!


I did the same thing for my mom.  I didn't have a ton of old pictures of my sisters and I so I was lucky to come up with what I did.  These were a last minute idea.  Next year I will plan better to incorporate photos.

And my adorable nephew for my little sister.  She hates when we call her that.  Haha.  It's crazy how much he has grown in the last 2 years.  


And this is my Mom's mom, my Grandmom King.  She passed away more then 20 years ago, and I con't believe it has been that long. I am the little baby in her arms.  I love the "Jackie O" look she has going on with those sunnies.  The Irish Blessing was hand written by her.





All in all it was a great day.  I hope the Moms really enjoyed it.  I know I did. Planning a party or get together takes me to my happy place.  For me it's the details are what makes the day or the event special.  And I hope it shows. 

What did you do for your Mom?


No comments:

Post a Comment