Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hello Crock Pot

Did you ever want to do something but keep putting it off and then when you finally do you think "why didn't I do this sooner?!?"  That was me with my crock pot.  I got one for Christmas 2 years ago! And just took it out of the box this week.  

I was cooking for my parents and grandparents for our weekly "old people night"  That is when my Mom's Dad and my Dad's Mom join us for dinner. It started when my Mom's Mom passed away to get my Gpop out of the house.  When my Dad's Dad passed away in Februrary of 2011 it seemed to make sense that my Gmom joined in the weekly fun.  

I decided on pot roast.  I picked up a 5.5 lb rump roast, carrots, potatoes, onions and McCormick Slow Cooker seasonings. 

 
You mix the seasonings with a cup of water. 


I peeled the veggies and cut them in half.  Then you out everything in the crock pot, pour the seasonings mixture over everything.  Cook on low for 8 hours and enjoy!

Now, I will say I think this was pretty fool proof and that I really couldn't screw it up.  But it still felt good that everyone enjoyed and went back for second helpings.  

I think I need to become better friends with my crock pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment